Mr. VAMSHI (BCTCA 5th sem) is a dedicated and diligent,young aspirant who is exceptionally good at his culinary arts.IIHMCA has selected him as the Chef of the Day.
- 450 gms Refined flour
- 10 gms Cooking soda
- 60 gms Ghee
- 50 ml Curd
- 3 gms Salt
- 20 gms Pista
- 2 lits Oil
To make Sugar Syrup:
- 600 gms Sugar
- 20 ml Milk
- 5 gms Elaichi powder
- 300 ml Water
- Mix flour and cooking soda in a large bowl. Add ghee to the flour and rub with fingers till it becomes crumbly.
- Whisk the curd and add it to the crumbled flour and mil well.
- Sprinkle with water, 5 ml each, and knead the dough till it is soft. It should still have flaky texture.
- Cover with a wet cloth and rest it for 1 hr.
- Divide the dough into small balls of 2 inches and start making rough shape.
- Green the hand with oil. Using the palm of hand, rotate the dough ball in clockwise direction to form the layers. Make a dent in the middle, using the thumb.
- Heat ghee or oil in a deep pan and bring it down to medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, slide in the balushahi dough balls, 4-5 at a time, and deep fry on low heat initially. Once the balushahi will start floating as they start cooking.
- Flip it to the other side, and cook it till its golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place it in a strainer. After frying all the balushahis, rest it for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, mic sugar and water in a thick pan and boil it till sugar syrup reaches one string consistency.
- Add milk to the syrup and all it to boil for some time.
- Scum off impurities and clear the syrup.
- Soak the balushahis in the syrup for 30 mins and drain the syrup out and place the balushahis in a tray put up at an inclined position.
- Continuously coat the balushahi with the drained sugar syrup.
- Arranged the balushahi in a tray and garnish with slivers of pistachio and warq ( Optional).