Mr. VIKRANTH ,an aspiring student in his 6th sem of BCTCA, is remarkably dedicated and diligent. He stands out as an exceptional talent in the field of culinary arts and Indian institute of Hotel management and culinary arts nominating him as a chef of the day.
1 kg Chicken thighs
30 ml Sake
25 ml Soy sauce
5 gms Salt
10 gms Ginger garlic paste
1 no Lemon juice
50 gms Onions
20 gms Spring onions
10 gms Garlic
5 gms Turmeric powder
10 gms Curry powder
100 ml Coconut milk
20 gms potato starch
50 ml Oil
5 sprigs Coriander leaves
- Clean and cut each of the skinless chicken thighs into 4 pieces.
- Make the paste of gingerand garlic. Cut 2 green onions/scallions and coriander leaves.
- In a medium bowl, combine sake, and the ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, and add the chicken pieces to marinate. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After chicken is marinated, dust it with potato starch.
- Heat oil in a pan to medium heat. place 2–3chicken pieces at a time and deep-fry the chicken for 90 seconds, or until the chicken is light golden colour. Transfer the chicken to a wire rack or paper towel to drain excess oil. Let the chicken cook with remaining heat while you work on the rest of chicken.
- In another frying pan, add oil and heat. Add chopped onions and chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Place the chicken and sauté for a min till all the ingredients are well blended.
- Then add coconut milk and water and boil further. Once the sauce is bubbling, ass the green onion and chopped coriander leaves, and mix over medium heat.
- Check the seasoning and then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve it with sticky rice.