Mr. Uday (BCTCA 5th sem) is a dedicated and diligent,young aspirant who is exceptionally good at his culinary arts.IIHMCA has selected him as the Chef of the Day.
- 1sheet (500 gms) Puff pastry, room temperature
- 125 gms Raw sugar
- 15 gms Cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about 14″ * 12″.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon powder on the dough. Lightly press the sugar and cinnamon into the dough, using a rolling pin.
- Starting with one long side, start rolling the dough tightly until the center. Repeat on the other side.
- Chill the log for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4″ thick slices and place on the baking tray. Sprinkle some more sugar if you like.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the pastry is all puffed up and golden brown in colour.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before transferring to an air-tight container. Enjoy!