Refined flour 330 gms
Baking powder 8gms
Kosher salt 2gms
Unsalted butter 227 gms
Sugar 350 gms
Butter milk 260ml
Semi-sweet chocolate 113gms
Vanilla extracts few drops
Chef of the day: Sravya (BCTCA 2nd Sem)
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Butter and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Wrap the pans with cake strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl of a planetary mixer beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined before adding the next.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together 240ml of buttermilk and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, add one-third of the flour mixture. Alternate with half of the buttermilk mixture, and continue alternating with the remaining flour and milk mixture.
- Reserve 330g of batter in a bowl. Divide the remaining batter among the two cake pans.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth. Or melt in a double boiler. Add to the reserved cake batter along with the remaining 20ml buttermilk, and stir until fully combined.
- Dollop the chocolate batter over the plain batter in the pans. Using the tip of a knife, swirl both batters together.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- De-mould the cake and cut and serve.