Student who is selected for the Chef of the day is Mr. MANICHAND(BCTCA 5th SEM) of Indian Institute Hotel Management and Culinary Arts for showcasing exemplary skills. He is very talented student, always striving to perfect the art of cooking.
500 gms Sesame Seeds
450 gms Jaggery
125 gms Oats
25 ml Ghee
25 gms Almonds
25 gms Cashew nuts
25 ml Milk
5 gms Green Cardamom
- Dry roast sesame seeds in a heavy bottomed pan till the nutty smell comes.
- Remove onto a wide plate and allow to cool.
- Dry roast the oats on low flame for 5 mins. Cool it on a plate.
- In the same pan, add ghee and heat it till medium hot. Add the almonds and cashew nuts roast on low flame for 5 mins. Remove onto a plate and cool.
- Grind the almonds, oats and cashew nuts till coarse. Remove onto a bowl.
- Grind the cardamom to a fine powder and add it to the oats & nuts powder.
- Now blend the sesame seeds for 5-6 seconds to a coarse texture. Add the grated jaggery and blend till combined.
- Add 25 ml milk and blend. Mix till sesame seeds oozing out of the mixture.
- Remove onto a plate and add the oats powder, cashew and almonds powder. Mix and make small balls with this mixture.
- Using the palm, roll the balls tight and keep it aside. Repeat the same till all the balls are rolled similarly.
- Store the nuvvula laddus in refrigerator for an hour before they are served.