Mr.Anil karki (BHMCT 5th sem) is a dedicated and diligent,young aspirant who is exceptionally good at his culinary arts.IIHMCA has selected him as the Chef of the Day.
- 4 nos Chicken legs, cut into joints
- 35 ml Peanut oil
- 45 gms Pancetta bacon
- 25 gms Refined flour
- 6 gms Salt
- 5 gms Black pepper, powdered
- 150 ml Dry white wine
- 12 nos Baby potatoes, peeled
- 8 nos Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 200 gms Frozen green peas
- 300 gms Carrots, diced into
- 12 gms Garlic, crushed
- 50 gms Pearl onions
- 300 ml Chicken stock
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- Sauté the pancetta for about 2 minutes in the hot oil. It should be a little crispy. This will give the stew incredible flavour.
- Add the chicken legs and sauté for 8 minutes. Turn once after 4 minutes so they get a good browning on each side.
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper together. Sprinkle the mixture over chicken and stir well, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Add wine and chicken stock and stir well.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, pearl onions, carrots, and garlic.
- Make a small bundle of a few pieces of fresh thyme, wrapping one piece around the bundle. Add it to the stew and gently stir so thyme is submerged.
- Bring stew to a full boil. Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking for 45 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve the stew, add the peas and cook for 2 minutes if using frozen peas or a couple of minutes longer if they are fresh.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Serve along with sough dough bread or on top of risotto.