Channa dal 260gm
Green chillies 30gm
Coriander leaves 8 sprigs
Cumin Seeds 12 gms
Turmeric powder 6 gms
Mint 6 sprigs
Salt To taste
Oil 1.5 litres (For frying)
Chef of the day: Nisha sharma (BCTCA 1st Sem)
- Wash and soak the channa dal overnight.
- Grind the chopped ginger,chillies,coriander & mint coarsely and keep it aside.
- Grind the channa dal coarsely and add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the coarsely ground ginger chilli mixture to the dal and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai till it is slightly smoking.
- Take around table tennis ball size mixture and shape into round patties by patting into a flat disc.
- Place the discs gently into the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown colour.
- You can also shallow fry on a griddle until slightly coloured.
- Serve hot with coconut or mint chutney.